Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: recording to miniDV?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Since you're in Manhattan, I'll assume you're using NTSC?

    If so, you should have no problem recording your footage from the computer to the camera.

    Basic procedure (may differ depending on what non-linear editor you're using):

    Drag the stuff you want to keep to the timeline, and maybe even in the general order that you'd like to edit them.
    Export to tape. This function should automatically start the recording on your camcorder. Watch in the viewfinder or LCD on the camcorder to make sure that your capture is working. Player mode should be the one you want.

    What NLE are you using?
    What camera are you using? How old is it?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member becomedeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm using an older version of Final Cut Pro and the camera is a Canon ZR45.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member becomedeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alright, I figured it out. I had to use the remote control that came with the camera. Turns out all I had to do was read the manual....who would've thought?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member becomedeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As always, I have a concern. I transfered 28 rolls of K40 to miniDV through Cinepost. I have captured all of the footage into my computer and have begun capturing all of the sound, which was recorded on a DAT. I am low on hard drive space and would like to get rid of some old, unrelated footage (which is in the computer) by recording it to miniDV. The problem that I have found is that the only way that I can play the footage into the camera (I own a miniDV camera) is when it is in "player" mode - and I therefore cannot record it as it is playing. Is there a way that I can record footage from my computer onto my miniDV camera as I could through a VCR? Thank you very much.

    Tayman Strahorn

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haha..
    Yeah, sometimes those things are handy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •